Monday 30 September 2013

Royal Thai Army M41 Light Tank (Tamiya M41)

This is Tamiya's vintage M41 light tank with the metal barrel from AFV Club's M41A3 and following some references off the internet one of the radio antenna on the turret is removed. It's a simple plain build with a clean finish depicting one of the tanks in the streets of Bangkok in 2006.

This is also my first use of airbrush, I mixed Tamiya's acrylic dark green and black in about 2:1 ratio to get the base coat. It's definitely a step up from what I've been using before. After the base coat the usual dark wash with oil paints and then light dry brushing and weathering on the tracks.

Fun quick build and I'm happy with the final results




It was meant to be test for the first airbrush use, I dare say it turned out better than expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment